PURPOSE OF SENIOR EVENT SPECIALIST
Quince Imaging Inc. is seeking a Full-Time Senior Event Specialist to support live event productions nationwide. This position offers tremendous growth potential for anyone willing to learn and take initiative to go above and beyond.
Candidate will have the opportunity to work first hand on large-scale events from concept though execution. Events range in size and scope from hundreds to thousands of participants and take place in venues across the US and the World. The Senior Event Specialist works in the office and on event location. The work environment is fast paced and deadline oriented. The schedule may be irregular at times and the position may be physically demanding depending on the event environment.
- On occasion, the Sr. ES may be required to work 12 to 16 hours on event days.
- Travel is required for this position.
- Must have the ability to lift 50# or more.
- Must be able to stand/bend for long periods of time.
The Sr. Event Specialist reports to the Engineering Supervisor and works closely with the Engineering, Operations and Sales teams.
- It is ideal to have the most variety of knowledge and experience to be able to field various questions, concerns and scenarios, along with an overall valuable outlook and big picture mentality that will help all of us grow in our work flow and execution.
- Event Lead – Ability to manage, plan, and execute an event in communication with sales and the client from the inception to completion.
- Ability to be the go to for other leads that have questions or concerns regarding their specific event or situation (not a requirement).
- Event Assistance – Manage and assist the Engineering Team with event set up and strike coordination, load-in/load-out, organize and maintain equipment inventory using Flex Rental Solutions software, and assist with common networking design.
- Equipment Operation – Proficient knowledge and experience in display management and production systems; Spyder and/or E2; production switchers; KiPro recording devices; video wiring / routing; setting up and configuring MAC and PC for integration into a production system; projection install, calibration and alignment for various projector models and scenarios; and a solid knowledge base on power logistics (ie, Camlock, power distros, buck boosters, etc).
- Event Operation – Live event experience in Directing; Spyder and/or E2 management; Technical Directing (Directing & Switching); Camera CCU shading / engineering and basic Playback Pro, Powerpoint, and Keynote experience.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduate student or college experience in a film/video/communications program is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years -hands on- Technical/communications experience.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License.
- Must have clean motor vehicle report and criminal report. (A copy of your driving record is required).
The Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable alternatives to the above qualifications.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Enthusiastic individual with strong technical background; interested in learning more about Event/Video Production.
- Must be an exceptionally resourceful self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of other engineering disciplines e.g.: HDTV, computer scan rates, component video, high bandwidth switching a plus.
- Capable of working a variety of hours as required by event schedule; able to travel and work nights and weekends when needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- This individual must be detail oriented, and have excellent written, verbal, organizational skills and time management skills.
- Proficient in both Mac & PC, Microsoft Office, Word, MS Outlook, Windows, Excel, Adobe. Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
- Basic networking skills, highly organized, a confident driver, and willing to multitask.
Quince Imaging offers competitive salary and benefits for full-time employees. The Company maintains a group health plan that covers all employees with healthcare and dental coverage. A 401(k) plan is offered to all employees after 6 months of service. Vacation and sick days are accumulated based on tenure for each calendar year.
Compensation is based on experience and qualifications. Send compensation requirements.
Quince Imaging is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All submissions must include cover letter and title of desired position. Resumes submitted without a cover letter referencing the applicant's desired position will not be considered.