PURPOSE OF EVENT SPECIALIST APPRENTICE
Quince Imaging Inc. is seeking a Full-Time Event Specialist Apprentice (ESA) to support live event productions nationwide. This position offers tremendous growth potential for anyone willing to learn and take initiative to go above and beyond.
Candidate will have the opportunity to work first hand on large-scale events from concept though execution. Events range in size and scope from hundreds to thousands of participants and take place in venues across the U.S. and the World. The ESA works in the office and on event location. The work environment is fast paced and deadline oriented. The schedule may be irregular at times and the position may be physically demanding depending on the event environment. On Occasion, the ESA may be required to work 12 to 16 hours on event days. The ESA is often the “first to arrive and the last to leave”. Some travel required.
- The Event Specialist Apprentice will work closely with the Engineering Team in coordination of pre-production and on-site event support.
- Event Assistance – Assist Engineering Team with event set up and strike coordination, load-in/load-out, organize and maintain equipment inventory, and assist with basic IT support internally.
- General Warehouse & Office Duties – Assist Engineering Team as required. Gain experience and knowledge of our Event Management Software, Intellevent.com, following established company processes and procedure.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduate student or college experience in a film/video/communications program ispreferred.
- Technical/communications experience is a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License.
- Must have clean motor vehicle report and criminal report. You will be required to supply a copy of your driving record.
- The Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable alternatives to the above qualifications.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Enthusiastic individual with strong technical background; interested in learning more about Event/Video Production.
- Must be an exceptionally resourceful self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of other engineering disciplines e.g. HDTV, computer scan rates, component video, high bandwidth switching a plus.
- Capable of working a variety of hours as required by event schedule; able to travel and work nights and weekends when needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- This individual must be detail oriented, and have excellent written, verbal, organizational skills and time management skills.
- Proficient in both Mac & PC, Microsoft Office, Word, MS Outlook, Windows, Excel, Adobe. Knowledge of AutoCAD is a bonus.
- Basic networking skills, highly organized, confident driver, willing to multitask.
The Event Specialist Apprentice position is a temporary appointment of 12 weeks. This appointment could end prior to or be extended beyond the expected end date. Upon completion of this temporary appointment, qualified candidates will be given a performance evaluation.
Quince Imaging’s Event Specialist Apprentice Program is designed as a learning tool. There is no guarantee of permanent employment. Time worked in this temporary appointment will not count toward permanent status or toward your continuous service.
COMPENSATION: $500.00 per week
Quince Imaging offers a competitive salary and benefits. The Company maintains a group health plan that covers all employees with healthcare, dental and vision coverage. A 401(k) plan is offered to all employees after six months of service including profit sharing contributions. Comprehensive leave days are accumulated based on tenure for each calendar year. Quince Imaging is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Applicant must be able to appear in person for the interview process.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. HUMAN RESOURCES WILL CONTACT QUALIFIED CANDIDATES DIRECTLY.
All submissions must include cover letter and title of desired position. Resumes submitted without a cover letter referencing the applicant's desired position will not be considered.