Purpose of Engineering Technician/Event Specialist:
Quince Imaging Inc. is seeking a Full-Time Engineering Technician/Event Specialist (ET/ES) to support live event productions nationwide. The position of Engineering Technician/Event Specialist encompasses all phases of engineering and technical support for the electronic equipment owned and or operated by Quince Imaging, Inc. This position offers tremendous growth potential for anyone willing to learn and take initiative to go above and beyond.
Candidate will work first hand on large-scale events. Events range in size and scope from hundreds to thousands of participants and take place in venues across the US and the World. The ET/ES works in the office, warehouse and on event location. The work environment is fast paced and deadline oriented. The schedule may be irregular at times and the position may be physically demanding depending on the event environment.
The candidate may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
The ET/ES may be required to work 12 to 16 hour days with the possibility of more than 20 hours a single day. Travel is required.
- The Engineering Technician/Event Specialist will work with and under the direction of the Chief Engineer and Maintenance Operations Supervisor to carry out regular inspection and maintenance of equipment to prevent breakdowns.
- Gain experience and knowledge of our Event Management Software, Intelievent.com. Use and update on a daily basis, following established company processes and procedure.
- Work with and under the direction of the Engineering Department to test/evaluate new products/technologies/and various screen fabrics.
- Travel to, set up and operate rental and staging events contracted by Quince Imaging.
- Work with the Event Producer /Production Manager in coordination of preproduction and on-site event support. Following up each event with post show reports.
Other potential job responsibilities may include:
• Interpret specifications, drawings of video equipment and its use.
• Work on scheduling for equipment and services.
• Prepare and supervise show site designs, specifications and estimates
• Program and operate computers to assist with complex calculations and
alignment of equipment.
• AutoCadd or Vectorworks floor plan and rendering generation.
• Projection and video wiring plans for complex set ups.
• New product and technology assessments.
- B.A. /B.S. with a technical/communications degree preferred.
- Undergraduate student, college graduate, or graduate student in a film/video/communications program.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must possess valid Driver’s License
- Must have clean motor vehicle report and criminal report.
The Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable alternatives to the above qualifications.
CANDIDATES ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 5-10 years of event production experience.
- Enthusiastic individual with strong technical background in Event/Video Production.
- Knowledge of other engineering disciplines e.g. HDTV, computer scan rates, digital video, high bandwidth switching.
- Must be an exceptionally resourceful self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work without supervision and to accept responsibility.
- Must be able to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Capable of working a variety of hours as required by event schedule; able to travel and work nights and weekends when needed.
- The successful applicant will have an outgoing personality with an exceptional ability to relate to people.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- This individual must be detail oriented, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess computing and design skills. Proficient in both Mac & PC, Microsoft Office, Word, MS Outlook, Windows, Excel, Adobe.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/ Vector works is a bonus.
- Basic networking skills, highly organized, confident driver, willing to multitask.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, organizational skills and time management skills.
The following skills are crucial:
Good Listener, Responsible, Willing to Learn, Patient, required to think on your
feet on a moment’s notice, doesn’t know the meaning of the phrase, “I can’t.”
Applicant must be able to appear in person for the interview process.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. HUMAN RESOURCES WILL CONTACT QUALIFIED CANDIDATES DIRECTLY.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below.